We desire to build a professional relationship with the client that emphasizes normal human development, client empowerment, health rather than pathology or disability, and prevention rather than remediation.
~ Neukrug & Remley, 2009
- Individuals should constantly work to be their best self
- Individuals know themselves best
At our core, we use those beliefs to guide our practice. We work to inform, educate, empower and impart advocacy skills. Diverse approaches are used to assist individuals, couples, groups and families.
- Continuous Growth & Development
- Promote wellness
- Improve communication skills
- Enhance self and cultural awareness
- Encourage conscious and intentional living
- Understand thoughts and precipitating behaviors
- Teach healthy coping strategies
We are committed to social justice. The stigma free project is a demonstration of that commitment. We work to reduce and ultimately eliminate mental health stigma by meeting the following objectives:
- Increase mental health knowledge and awareness,
- Advocate for improved access to mental health services and resources,
- Supervise and train underrepresented therapist and other mental health service providers,
- Recruit other mental health therapist and other mental health service providers,
- Provide unique mental health service opportunities to meet the unique needs of underrepresented groups, and
- Advance integrated health services.